Before booking a workshop, please read our Disclaimer
When clicking on the link of the workshop you would like to attend, you will need to fill out a pre-workshop questionnaire
6 week course - 17TH FEB
COURSE STARTS TUESDAY 28TH FEB (13-18yrs only)
FREE OR DONATION BASED WORKSHOP - 1ST MARTCH 2023
WEEKLY CLUB IN DULWICH - 8TH MARCH ONWARDS (EVERY WEDNESDAY)
HOSTED BY AIKIDO BUDO ALLIANCE
SUNDAY 4TH JUNE 2023
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COURSE OR WORKSHOP HELD IN YOUR AREA PLEASE CONTACT SIFU DELLA DIRECTLY
The topics covered in the programme include:
Aside from the practical side we also talk about how to deal with fear, increase awareness and prevention.
The self-defence programme is based on what's likely to happen on the street.
The topics include:
- anti grab, choke, hair pull, body grab (lift)
- basics of ground
- basics of strike defence
- how to make the most of what YOU have and using what is avialible to YOU to get away and out of difficult situations. this includes how to use opponents force against them.
Fight Like A GIrl doesnt only bring pratcial and realistic self-defence techniques and principles to the table, its married in with:
- intelligent fighting principles
- the importance and realism of how to appropriate fear as a natual response to danger withoiut feeling as though you are running on it 24/7.
- how to be present and aware without feeling overwhelmed and on high alert
- how to assess a threat
- setting verbal and physical boundaries to unwanted atttendtion
- spotting behavioural red flags & relationship red flags
- automatic reflex training
- overiding freeze response to danger
- use of the best weapons our body has to offer with least amount of training.
- how to use anything you have or around you to your advantage
The courses are run by Martial Arts Expert & Survivor SIfu Della O'Sullivan of Phoenix Eye Wing Tsun Assocation.
She founded 'Fight like a girl' for women and girls in 2016 on her 10th year of martial arts and just before attaining her master level.
Della will draw on her years of extnesive knowlege on self-protection for women and also shares theory on how to spot red flags within relationships, how to best assess a threat and tell if a person is posing a threat, how to be aware without feeling overwhelmed or running on fear, how to interrupt unhelpful fearful thoughts, ways you can regulate your nervous-system so that you are less likely to freeze as well as very practical, very simple self-defence technqiues.
Della ties in practical self-defence, intelligent fighting principles and strategies, self-empowerment principles, automatic refelx training, chi-kung, and the psychology behind it.
This program was built on the knowledge of a martial arts expert who is also a survivor, and ties in all the things she found useful on her path to empowerment and martial prowess.
The program has helpes 100's of women acrsoss the country and has been featured on ITV,BBC, BBC radio live, Evening standard, South London Press & southwark news.
This March Fight Like A GIrl will be on tour to every location possible in the UK. And it starts in Dulwich 2023!
SUPPORTING CHARITY BEDE HOUSE - a charity who work to help women who have been victims of domestic violence.
*A percentage of profits will be donated to:
Bede House Association
registered charity number 303199